Alhamdulillah, of course, some days are not as perfect as shown in the last post…
or maybe parts of a day are great and other parts just a mess… mashaallah;
this up and down-thing often happens to me on weekends, especialy when my husband is on travel
and when the rhythm and structure of the every-work-day isn’t given.
Then I have all the five kids to care for and also want myself to calm down and have a rest…
and that’s exactly the challenge… the pressure of knowing that there are only two days to relax, …
feeling sometimes stressed by the limitation of two days and lack of alone-time, astaghfirullah.
Maybe you know these kind of days, also called weekend-blues or Sunday-depression.
After having had a very bad and sad weekend about two weeks ago, mashaallah, I decided to stablish a “save the weekend”-list,
some strategies and things to do when depression, agression or overtaxaion are getting me:
- get out, go into nature!
- writing a gratitude-list
- taking pictures of beautyful things
- cleaning out my wardrobe
- working in the garden
- writing in my diary
- drinking herbal tea (especially yarrow/Schafgarbe)
- reading Quran or self-help books
- enjoying the sun (if there is some)
- listening to the birds singing
- cooking or baking with the kids
- gettings some inspiration on Pinterest
- dreaming and creating (e.g. a treasure map)
- eating chocolate
- hugging the baby / kids
- meeting with someone
- imroving something at home
- accepting the sadness, indulge and cry
- taking a shower, caring for myself
- sleep, knowing that this too will pass…
- after sadness comes joy
what strategies do you have for those days?
wishing you many perfect days! salam aleikoum and happy spring!