To be honest, I don’t feel entirely well these last weeks, mashaallah.
There were many decisions to make, many challenges to take and many visitors around at school, but also in our private life
– I feel exhausted and ready for a break. I feel ready for winter to come, ready to draw back and to hibernate, just like an animal that crawls into his cave.
I observe myself sometimes arguing with reality, wishing for things to be different, in fact just longing for some peace and quiet…
Here I’ve put down a little list of several things I try to do when I really feel at the edge to depression and need something to tear me out of the black hole:
- Drinking some freshly brewed yarrow/achillea-tea
- Making a treasure map of pictures cut from magazines to visualize positive goals
- Going outside! Alone or with the children, to breath fresh air and clean the head
- Making Istikhara and dua’ or reading Qur’an
- Reading self-help books
- Watching feel-good-movies (although it is very difficult to find hahal-ones)
- Making a gratitude-list
- Talking to a friend who can stand my tears, just listening, without trying to “save” me
- Investigating my belief system and affirming and auto-suggesting all things good
- Reminding myself that life is always for something good; that there is a reason behind everything and a learning opportunity for my highest good to be found in all.
favorite shoes from Gudrun Sjoeden
Affirmations help me to take the right internal attitude every day.
I use them as a desktop-screen-saver, I write them on my chalkboard, on little pieces of paper everywhere, and some I put them around my mirror and on my office-table…
Here I share some sources of beautiful inspiration.
May you be blessed with everything good!
I train myself to approach every day with the kind of these intentions:
and when things are getting diffficult, I take a deep breath, I pray, I turn to God, I ask for His help
and I try to remind myself of these thoughts and this:
joy, love and peace to you and yours!
September – the holidays are over, summer is almost gone.
It’s the beginning of autumn;
It’s the start of a new school year ; of new plans to make and a new rhythm to find.
Back to work; back to my dear morning quiet time routine; back to the everyday.
Alhamdulillah, many blessings lie behind us and beautiful things await us, inchaallah.
I am thankful for two rich and fulfilled months of vacation and am looking forward now to face new challenges, to discover new adventures, to start new projects, to meet new people and to make new development;
I try to pull force and courage from success of the past and to embrace the unknown with joy. I trust in God’s paths and learn more and more to stay calm and to distinguish between my business, the others business and God’s business.
I wish you a happy autumn and a start of many blessed new experiences!
Salam aleikoum friends!
I’m worth it!
– my slogan for these days….