Ramadan is wonderfully amazing !
- It teaches me self-control and shows me the real power of my will.
- It assures me that I am independent from coffee, sugar and other addictions.
- It submits the soul under divine protection and guidance which makes it possible, even for young children, to restrain with joy and ease from food and drink during 16 day-light-hours.
- Allah facilitates so many things we never thought being able to accomplish, subhanallah.
- All my senses get fine-tuned and my receptivity gets deeper.
- It is a gift to feel all of this, every year in a different way, because Ramadan moves every year about 10 days ahead in the calendar, which gives us the opportunity to experience the sacred month in every season over the years.
- I feel my vulnerability and humbleness in a very reassuring way.
- Allah gives us power and energy we normally do not have (with only 5 hours sleep per night), alhamdulillah.
- Doing such an act of worship in community (not for the ego, not to be seen by others, only to fulfill our duties toward our creator) gives much strength.
- In Ramadan, Allah’s blessings can be felt more than ever, everywhere: in the cold breeze He sends, in the rain He offers, in the good food He provides every evening and the water that quenches our thirst…
Allahu akbar! Thanks to God.