early morning-me-time in front of the fireplace – reading and preparing for the day
On our school’s blog I’ve recently posted some thoughts about the relation of faith and work, which I would like to partly share here with you:
“In all our work, in our daily life with the pupils at the campus vivant’e , we are deeply guided by the teachings and rules of our religion, which is the religion of Morocco, Islam.
We try to practice our faith as a whole way of life, imbedded in all our doing, in the deepest sense of its meaning:
”Islam = Peace”.
If I want to put together our values, our mission and our goals, to describe the culture and philosophy of the campus vivant’e, the description would be: “we are here to serve”.
We see our mission very much in serving – serving the pupils, serving others, serving humanity, serving a bigger purpose:
- encouraging a meaningful development of each and every one here
- motivating students (and teachers as well) to show, to develop and to blossom towards the most positive version of their self
- support students to learn the skills needed for a fulfilled and meaningful life – for their own good and for that of society in whole
- striving to always give our best and allowing others to give their best
- building bridges between people and being a committed example of peaceful dialogue, nonviolent communication and respect towards all
- inviting people (students, parents, teachers, volunteers and visitors alike) to be the positive change we wanna see in the world
- assuring that everybody feels welcomed and accepted here, no matter who they are or what they believe “
The following manifesto summarizes very well how we understand our work and action in relation to our religion. I totally speaks to me from the heart and I am very thankful for the work that the people from productivemuslim.com have put in it – Jazak Allahu khairan!
I would like to share with you the essence of their manifesto and of how I and my Moroccan team understand productivity in an Islamic way:
- Pursue everything in life with an active intention
- Seek spiritual connectivity & barakah (God’s blessings) in every moment
- Fill your heart with abundant positivity
- Plan your day, week, month, life in detail!
- Rise early and seize the barakah (God’s blessings)
- Aim for physical vitality
- Pursue holistic learning for a holistic life
- Take time to have fun!
- Always be of service
- Have commitment and discipline
The detailed manifesto is to be found here on this source : http://cdn.productivemuslim.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/ProductiveMuslim-Manifesto.pdf
I wish you all a lovely beginning of winter. I wish you warmth, inside and out.
Salam aleikoum and peace, love and light to you!