To be honest, I don’t feel entirely well these last weeks, mashaallah.
There were many decisions to make, many challenges to take and many visitors around at school, but also in our private life
– I feel exhausted and ready for a break. I feel ready for winter to come, ready to draw back and to hibernate, just like an animal that crawls into his cave.
I observe myself sometimes arguing with reality, wishing for things to be different, in fact just longing for some peace and quiet…
Here I’ve put down a little list of several things I try to do when I really feel at the edge to depression and need something to tear me out of the black hole:
- Drinking some freshly brewed yarrow/achillea-tea
- Making a treasure map of pictures cut from magazines to visualize positive goals
- Going outside! Alone or with the children, to breath fresh air and clean the head
- Making Istikhara and dua’ or reading Qur’an
- Reading self-help books
- Watching feel-good-movies (although it is very difficult to find hahal-ones)
- Making a gratitude-list
- Talking to a friend who can stand my tears, just listening, without trying to “save” me
- Investigating my belief system and affirming and auto-suggesting all things good
- Reminding myself that life is always for something good; that there is a reason behind everything and a learning opportunity for my highest good to be found in all.
favorite shoes from Gudrun Sjoeden