Thank you all so much for your recovery-wishes and prayers! They mean a lot to me.
You know, the less I move my body, the more my thoughts work inside myself. And in the midst of this sickness I see that I do not only need to heal from a throat and ear infection but that I also need to heal my own inner child.
Over the last years I learned and became more aware of the reality of the inner child concept, which is also known in modern psychology as the “true self”.
The older I grow, the more I believe in the importance of accepting and working on past pain and meeting old needs.
I believe that we need to work on old wounds and buried feelings if we want to become whole and healthy and if we want to better ourselves, our parenting and the relationship with our children, inchaallah.
We all suffer in certain ways, we all have to carry a burden with us and less or more we all have these dark places inside our souls that need to be seen, acknowledged and healed – but as painful as this all might be, it is a chance to grow.
And even though this is a deeply private and personal topic, I’d like to share some of the ways I try to heal my own inner child because it became such a big part of my life and I know that sharing and writing about weak and vulnerable sites is an important part of the healing process itself.
I am quiet new on this journey and I am surely no expert, but I know how inspiring it is to see in which ways other women cope with their problems and so I wanna invite you to join me here:
It’s all about nourishing old needs and meeting old feelings in healthy ways.
It is about the things we’ve always wanted to do but were never allowed or didn’t allow ourselves – It’s about learning to live fully, to share and to feel alive.
So let’s forget about guilt and criticism, let’s forget about the bad little voices inside our heads that always try to stop us from living our full potential.
Let’s dance and sing, let’s be childish and wild!
First let’s begin with a list of all the things that need to be changed. Here is mine:
– First of all I wanna live and act only for the sake of Allah, asking Him for guidance and help and turning mainly to Him when struggling with the world;
– but I also wanna learn to express and to talk about my inner feelings with others and I wanna investigate my hidden places and learn to accept them as part of myself;
– I wanna cry, shout, and punch the cushion, but also sing and dance when I feel so;
– I wanna wear more feminine, pink romantic dresses under my hijab and avoid all the sad black garments that lived in my wardrobe for so long;
– I wanna treat myself with lots of “too much”: too much chocolate, too much breaks, too much compliments and gifts, and much too much things more…. ;
– I wanna smile into the mirror and tell myself only good things;
– I wanna get rid of self-criticism and over control and of the fear what others might think;
– I wanna learn to say more often “no” to others and “yes” to myself;
– I wanna surround myself with colours, flowers and a lot of beauty;
– I wanna hug and love the small little Itto inside myself and treat her as if she were another child of mine…
What will you gonna change in your life? What did you always longed for? Are you ready for this journey of our lives?